Everyone has a weakness of some kind in life; mine happens to be books. Anyone who knows me well would tell you that I love to read. I find that funny when you consider I never really enjoyed reading when I was in school. Now that my life is busier than ever – being a wife, mother of 4 and business owner – I find it an absolute must to set aside time with a good book. Most of my favorites are more related to “life” situations than the latest romance novel. Give me the real stuff anytime with examples of how to apply it and make myself a better person! Those are the kind of books that captivate me. Here is a short compilation of books I have read or am reading now. Enjoy!
1) The 29% Solution by Ivan R. Misner, PhD. and Michelle R. Donovan. What a great book on how to network in business successfully! The week by week action steps are tremendously helpful. Just reading the titles would bring inspiration, such as give to others first, become magnetic and be “on” 24/7.
2) The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. This book teaches the tried and true way of getting out of debt and creating wealth. Simple tips include paying cash for things and putting away a little on a regular basis.
3) Crush It! by Gary Vaynerchuck. This book inspired me to live out my passion in business and make money doing it! Even the final pages of the book was worth the time as he included a simple checklist of things to remember. Number 1 — identify your passion.
4) Inbound Marketing by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah. For someone like me who is just starting to use all the internet resources that are now available, I found this book to be tremendously insightful with pointers on how to use social media and blogging in business.
5) How to Be Like Coach Wooden by Pat Williams. I’m currently reading this book on one of sports best role models. It’s not the coaching techniques that has drawn me to this book. Coach Wooden’s love of God, family and others makes him a man that I know I can learn from.
6) The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. What on Earth am I here for? Ever asked that question about your life? Ever thought about where you’d find the answers? In my opinion, this is one of the best “go-to” books for the answers you might be trying to find!
7) The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell. This book has been around and every bit of advice has proven to be applicable and timely. There are so many quotes that I have underlined. One of my favorites is “leaders who want to succeed maximize every asset and resource they have for the benefit of their organization.”
It was extremely difficult to keep to just 7 and to summarize so briefly each of these outstanding books. I hope that I have baited you enough to go out and get your own copy or you can always come and borrow mine!